The Data Standard
Data Standard Audio Experience with Host Darren Kaplan and Guest Ioannis Loukakis
Host Darren Kaplan sits down with Ioannis Loukakis, Sr. Data Scientist – Digital Growth and Commerce at IBM to discuss about finding your passion.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Many people say that if you’re living your passion “you never work a day in your life.”
- We haven’t always had the luxury of asking what our passion is and finding a career which represents it. Technology has democratized the question and the answer.
- What is passion? Is it an emotion?
- What is worth it to me so that when I have sticking point and have to do things I don’t want to have to do it’s still important for me to pursue. The outcome of letting the dream die is unconscionable.
- There’s a big connection between one’s passion and the impact you want to create.
- Those who want to pursue creative careers tend to find their passion earlier in life and follow it young.
- Model: Passion, Purpose and Mission.
- Passion is anything that lights a fire under you. It keeps you focused on an end game. It’s unthinkable to stop.
Meet the Hosts
Co-Founder & Board Member of HiQ Labs
Darren Kaplan is 2x Founder and recognized as one of the Top 20 Data Science Influencers in 2020. Darren is the co-creator of The Data Standard, the premier networking user-community for data-science, data engineers, and cybersecurity enthusiasts.
Sr. Data Scientist at IBM
Worked as a primary statistician, providing Statistical analysis and reporting to a number of the company’s projects with the FDA; learned to operate under tight regulatory guidelines. Now working in IBM as Sr. Data Scientist – Digital Growth and Commerce